Mario World: Overrun Mario World: Overrun

my goodness the gameplay is smooth!!!

the smoothness of the gameplay is absolutely beautiful. many a times, the game may look amazing but all of that is thrown out the window because it lags. that is definitely not that case here. i haven't tried out the insane mode yet, but the gameplay even in the final level is so smooth! other elements that i liked were the music, the weapon shop system, the turrets idea (i loved them), etc. i can't stress how smooth the gameplay was. the bullets leaving the left mouse click felt very natural. really great job man.

Vex Arena: 02 Vex Arena: 02

smooth gameplay

- time: i loved the time limit. reminded me of time crisis except that time isn't added on. but, i loved that u added time as a factor into this game. gives the player a sense of urgency.

- enemies: it was very cool how shooting different parts of the body would trigger different animations. very creative. i also liked how you gave each enemy that little time meter so that the player can know how much time he/she has until he gets shot. again, sense of urgency. there were about two or three times when i had to shoot the enemy while the environment was moving. i loved those. i think if there was more movement on the enemies' part, it would've raised the level of difficulty a little bit more. sometimes, the enemies looked too static. and also, i think it's better if you sped up their death time. they felt like they were disappearing too slowly. and at first, when i shot them and they wouldn't disappear, i thought they were still alive so i was confused about that for the first few seconds.

- environments: great job with the movement from place to place. did you use a 3d program? it looked awesome.

- levels: it didn't really feel like the levels were getting harder as i progressed. however, i LOVED the car level. that was so creative. and it's always fun to run over terrorists. i loved the sniper level too.

- guns: my only problem was the m4. it felt a little weird when i clicked my mouse once, and like 3-7 rounds would come out. but other than that, the reloading was smooth.

- overall: it grabbed my attention the whole time i was playing it. it definitely is a successful game. after each level, it left me curious for the next level. there were a few bugs here and there but i'll let other reviewers get into that. all in all, one of the best games to reach newgrounds. excellent job.

PeteCook responds:

Thanks very much for taking the time to say all that about my game.

Just to answer your question: I used Swift 3D V2.0 to animate the levels.

The M4 idea was a spur of the moment thing. The way I did it was the easiest and laziest way. Sorry about that. But I'm glad you liked it.

Snake'it Snake'it

znake to flash! whooooooooo!

i used to play znake all the time. it was the most addictive game. and i've been waiting for someone, some company, to make a znake that's not java-based, like miniclip or shockwave.com or someone else. but my wait is over! thanks, iceflass.

a couple of suggestions. first, maybe add an option for (walls/no walls). second, the donut is cute but i think a differen object would work better, something that can fit into one unit. maybe an apple? lastly, on the slower speeds, when i pressed two arrow buttons quickly, it only executed the first one i pressed. however, this isn't a problem on like speed 9.

other than that, great job! nice programming. i'm really glad you made a znake for flash. rock on.

Iceflass responds:

I am workin on an update on the game. It will be ready very soon! Thanks

Bug on a Wire Bug on a Wire

great idea!

so simple but it works really well. great concept!

3 Foot Ninja 3 Foot Ninja

very nice grahpics

and great gameplay also

Styleless Ranger! Styleless Ranger!

great job

smooth, fast, great...

Rocketman Rocketman

fun

cool, addictive game

Super Ninja Super Ninja

must... stop... playing... addictive... game.

i've been playing your game for 1/2 an hour now, and i can't stop. the game is incredible, and it runs very smoothly. this would be a humungous hit if you made more detailed graphics on your characters and backgrounds.

the best part of the game is the ability to drag your enemies around like rag dolls lol.

drunkenmaster2000 responds:

Yes, you should probably stop playing at this point. Don't hurt yourself.

BTW: Grab and enemy then spin on the platform!

Megaman Next - The Game Megaman Next - The Game

nice job

time well spent.

maelstormm responds:

Thanks

Battleships Battleships

great graphics

battleship never gets old, great version of the game.